No announcement yet.

Wish Me Luck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• worst for me was the "walking dead" from like two weeks out or so.

Comment

• and the actual dieting of course

Comment

• Well - I am in love :inlove:

I loved the way the show turned out. It was ten times bigger than I had planned on doing for my first show and I think I learned a TON. I placed fifth in my open middleweight class and eigth in the novice lightweight class (anyone under 176.25). I wasn't exactly happy with myself but with the knowledge I gained I can't complain (however, the second through seventh place folks in the novice class all took the top spots in their open classes). Either way, I could have placed better if I had just presented my body in a better way (posing issues etc). I will go into details with pictures etc in the next day or two. I just got home and have to get ready for finals week at school so...

Comment

• congrats dude, you should be proud

Comment

• that's really awesome, good, strong showing...keep a lot of those lessons that you learned in your head, and take it to battle after finals when you hit the gym again and start getting ready for your next show

when is it?

Also, sorry to answer your question 3 weeks late, but the first thing that always shows on me are the striations in my delts. As soon as I start dieting for a week or two, they come in. Everything pops up as I get closer, but what usually comes last are my lowest abdominal muscles

Comment

• nice job man

Comment

• Originally posted by fog_hat1981
                Well - I am in love :inlove:

I thought maybe you feel in love with a fitness competitor back stage! :D

Congrats! Sounds like it was a great experience for you brother. Glad you come out of it with a ton of knowledge. Can't wait to see your pics.

The way you present yourself on stage can make it or break it for you. Did you have someone helping you with your posing or did you practice it on your own? You really do need some there helping out for the first time around. Someone with a lot of experience.

Oh yeah the most important question... what did you eat afterwards?? :D

Comment

• I try to stress that posing may be the single most important part of competing. You can have the best body up there but if you don't hold poses, don't stick poses, don't get the light to hit your body right......you're screwed. The judges can only judge what they see.

I'm sure you had a blast though and I'm sure it was a great learning experience that only fed your hunger to want to do it again. Now take all the knowledge you gained and use it to your advantage to kick some ass next time around. And like Chad said.....what did you eat after the show :D

Comment

• Originally posted by Chadd77
                    Congrats! Sounds like it was a great experience for you brother. Glad you come out of it with a ton of knowledge. Can't wait to see your pics.

I have several from my camera but I am waiting on some better shots from some friends that were there. Also, I am waiting on the website where the show was promoted to post their "professional" shots up. They are supposed to be up soon and I know they will look a ton better.

The way you present yourself on stage can make it or break it for you. Did you have someone helping you with your posing or did you practice it on your own? You really do need some there helping out for the first time around. Someone with a lot of experience.

My female trainer helped me but...

Her boyfriend flew in on Thursday to help me out so she could focus on the girls she had in figure. He had a wealth of knowledge and had my poses looking much more presentable and like the pros/vets do however I didn't have much time to practice the new techniques and wasn't as comfortable with them. You could sense a strong difference in the people that had been on stage before and those that had not. The confidence factor caught me off guard as I thought it wouldn't be that bad. Either way, I learned a shitload and will know much more going into my next show.

Oh yeah the most important question... what did you eat afterwards?? :D
                    Originally posted by Lmg2701
                    I try to stress that posing may be the single most important part of competing. You can have the best body up there but if you don't hold poses, don't stick poses, don't get the light to hit your body right......you're screwed. The judges can only judge what they see.

After looking at some of the pictures I had more muscle mass/maturity than a few others but you're right. I didn't "stick" my poses nearly as well and in my front quarter turn shots I had my arms rolled forward which made my delts look too small etc. I also used the posing routine to further embarass myself but it won't happen again (I didn't stumble or miss my marks etc - I just didn't set my poses AT ALL, legs weren't completely flexed yadayadayada).

I'm sure you had a blast though and I'm sure it was a great learning experience that only fed your hunger to want to do it again. Now take all the knowledge you gained and use it to your advantage to kick some ass next time around. And like Chad said.....what did you eat after the show :D
                    Unfortunately, I have felt like COMPLETE shit since Sunday morning. My trainer says I have had a "food hangover" which is sometimes common when you change your diet so drastically. I literally felt like I had been out drinking all damn night and slept most of my day away in front of the T.V. while everyone else was down at the beach.

Applebee's sponsored the show and stayed open extra late for the competitors, judges and fans etc. So...

As soon as the show was over I was walking out the back door with a snickers, twix, reeses pb cups, crunch and butterfinger bars all in my stomach.

Then when I got to the restaruant I ordered and ate (alone :D) the coconut shrimp appetizer, the mozzarella sticks appetizer, the quesadilla appetizer and the chicken fried steak meal with white gravy and garlic mashed potatoes. All of this was followed by the brownie dessert, the chocolate layered cake dessert and a chocolate mudslide. :D :D :D

I should have known better - ouch....
                    Last edited by coffee-guy; 09-26-06, 02:16 PM.

Comment

• Yep, I threw up for days after my last show.....O why O why do we do this to ourselves lol.

We wait so long to eat the damn junk food, as if we can't go into it gradually lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lmg2701
                        Yep, I threw up for days after my last show.....O why O why do we do this to ourselves lol.

We wait so long to eat the damn junk food, as if we can't go into it gradually lol.
                        Yeah - I have already decided to go back on a "diet" as of Thursday. I can't stand not knowing what I am going to eat and when etc. That and I feel lethargic...

Comment

• Congrats on the show man, it's awesome that it was such a positive experience for you!

Comment

• in the words of one of my buddies, on his post-contest binge, "I learned you can shit and puke at the same time"

sorry to hear about the little sickness...what's fun though is when you fill out and step on the scale again and see how much you gained from where you started

Comment

• Congrats to you! Regardless of where you placed or what you can do better next time, you should be proud! Good job! :)

Comment

• Here are some pictures...

I could have use a TON more conditioning (especially in the legs) but I learned a ton. Next time around I think I would like to do 2-3 shows in a few weeks time frame so that I can come in harder for each one etc.

Now, I know that I have issues with posing and conditioning as well as lagging body parts so feel free to fire away....

P.S. (the last picture in the series has Segio Olivia's son in it - he took second place in the open middleweight class and 3rd in the novice lightweights).
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X