• Show
Clear All

• ^^^^^

Comment

• What Chadd said.

Comment

• 5 Weeks Out

I AM NOT HAPPY RIGHT NOW...

My upper body is coming along nicely but I am not happy with my legs right now. My calves aren't bad but my thighs are NOT tightening up the way I want them to.

I plan on ramping up my cardio this week and adjusting my diet 5 days earlier than planned. Don't hold back on the criticism but I am 5 weeks out so I can't go changing my attack too much.

Also, I hurt my damn lower back a week ago Saturday and I can't seem to do much. The following exercises render me useless; squats, leg presses (heavy), hack squats (heavy), deadlifts, bent over barbell rows, SLDL and a few others. I have been trying to go high reps on leg presses and hack squats with medium weight, HEAVY knee extensions, lunges to exhaustion, everything heavy for hamstrings except no SLDL and basically isolating upper back movements (I can do Hammer Strength rows etc).

Any advice....

Oh - and I wanted to wait until I was happy with my leg definition to post these pics but what the hell, it's not going to change anything by waiting......
        Last edited by coffee-guy; 03-27-06, 03:36 PM.

Comment

• 9 Weeks Out

Attached Files

Comment

• 5 Weeks Out (1)

Attached Files

Comment

• 5 Weeks Out (2)

Attached Files

Comment

• How in the hell do I get them in the same post without making them attachments?

Now that I put them up they don't even look any different - wtf - I have some work to do damnit...

Comment

• Is there a typo in the second sentence? You said you weren't happy with your legs, your calves aren't bad, BUT your thighs ARE(?) tightening up...

Comment

• Originally posted by Shibby
                    Is there a typo in the second sentence? You said you weren't happy with your legs, your calves aren't bad, BUT your thighs ARE(?) tightening up...
                    Yes there was a typo - I am NOT happy with myself right now...

Comment

• What is your weight looking like?? Have you hit a plateau or are you slowing dropping? Legs and abs are usually the last body part to come in for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chadd77
                        What is your weight looking like?? Have you hit a plateau or are you slowing dropping? Legs and abs are usually the last body part to come in for me.
                        I am down to 184 which is 20 pounds down from when I started my current diet. I have been losing roughly 2 pounds a week for the last 3 weeks or so. If that keeps happening then I should come in close to where I had planned. I feel great and think I look great (just not in the pics) it's just not where I think I should be...

Comment

• If you think you look great, then there is no need to worry. It sounds like you are doing everything right. I always hate when people are training for a show and then you hear them talking about how then went out over the weekend and got smashed. Pisses me off. Seems to me like you are taking this very serious. I respect that.

From the pics it does look like the legs are lagging but you have 5 weeks left. That is a lot of time. My body always transformed the most in the first 2 weeks and then last 2 weeks.

Is this a natural show??

Comment

• Originally posted by Chadd77
                            If you think you look great, then there is no need to worry. It sounds like you are doing everything right. I always hate when people are training for a show and then you hear them talking about how then went out over the weekend and got smashed. Pisses me off. Seems to me like you are taking this very serious. I respect that.

From the pics it does look like the legs are lagging but you have 5 weeks left. That is a lot of time. My body always transformed the most in the first 2 weeks and then last 2 weeks.

Is this a natural show??
                            Here is the deal - I decided to meet up with the person that was originally helping me. I figured that the last 2-3 weeks were just too damn important to try my hand at all by myself for the first time. I want to be able to do my diet alone in the future but seeing that I have never done it I thought it would be best to get some help (I had to swallow some major pride but it will be worth it).

Here's the latest...

1. My hamstrings are overwhelmed by my quads (not that my quads are huge - they're just not proportianal with my hams as I have had a hard time gaining size back there) and my glutes are large (ghetto booty :D) which doesn't help my hamstrings out at all.

2. My quad definition will probably come in last but according to my help they have great shape and size etc.

3. Calves are looking pretty good.

4. Waist is a little too large for my current stats but as I gain size elsewhere it will come into its own (for future shows).

5. Abs will come in last but they are in decent shape.

6. Chest is good, shoulders need a little more depth, upper back needs a little more width but isn't bad, lower back needs some more thickness (but I've been limited recently with some pain issues), arms are proportional but they can always be bigger :D (p.s. my right may look bigger than my left?).

Overall, I have been instructed to up my carbs a little as I am looking a little flat too soon. I won't cut sodium until 2 weeks out (I was shooting for 3 weeks out) and I am practicing posing everyday (I do have some room for improvement there).

Also, I am going to be competing a week sooner than I planned but I am happy with where I'm at so no worries. The show is not natural so I will not be in the same realm as my competition (most likely) but I'm not going to sweat it. I will be hanging with the big boys someday but right now I just want the experience under my belt.

Comment

• my first show i thought my legs looked shitty and my second show they were better but not comparable to my upper body.

Comment

• Just another update. I am exactly one week out - and anxious as hell :D...

My legs have lost some size but they have leaned up a hell of a lot better than I was thinking they would. I looked back over some older pictures and I have come a LONG way in the last few weeks. I used to think that I looked ok but looking at me now I used to look like a fat slob (not really but yeah).

On a side note, what is the hardest part about all of this for you guys?

I tried cutting carbs and then dehydrating a for two days (about 2-3 weeks ago). I was extremely happy with the way my body responded and looked BUT I felt like one of the "walking dead." So, my vote goes to dehydration as being the worst part.

Ya'll?

Comment

Working...
                                X