Need some feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fog_hat1981
    This is the best looking one of the bunch...
    What don't you like about the 2 piece? I don't want it to look gaudy.

It just sucks because they are so freakin expensive, and as you can tell I want it to be perfect. So if it's not, I'm going to be upset that I just blew all that money on a suit I don't like.

Comment

Originally posted by fog_hat1981
      Hideous...
      :laughnew: :laughnew:

Comment

What do you think about the green fabric?

Comment

I like the green fabric a lot.

Comment

Well, sorry fog hat, but I took a poll of you all on the board here, friends, family & co-workers. The majority of votes was for the red. They all think, and myself included think the purple or blue is just used way too much.

I am however, going with the green fabric for the 2 piece!

Comment

Originally posted by redsquirrel
              Well, sorry fog hat, but I took a poll of you all on the board here, friends, family & co-workers. The majority of votes was for the red. They all think, and myself included think the purple or blue is just used way too much.

I am however, going with the green fabric for the 2 piece!
              Good luck then - I'm sure you'll look great no matter what...

Comment

I like the green... I see a lot of leotards with gymnastics and one color that I always think looks nicest on skin tones is an aqua blue.

Im also with you on liking kelly green and not the forest green!

Comment

***Update***

Well we went to Maryland and Virginia over Labor Day. Let me just tell you that unless you pack your food, it is virtually impossible to follow a diet while on vacation. I didn't pack any of my food because I thought the TSA people would pitch it with all of the new rules. So, I packed protein; ended up cheating for 2 meals.

I was PISSED when we got home. I felt like I hadn't been dieting at all I was so bloated. On Wednesday, I was 147!!! EEK!!! Well, after the water weight from the plane and the shit food, I was all the way down to 140 by Friday! (Before we left I was hovering at 142). So, it seems as though the cheating may have done me some good!

Anyway, I'm now at 138lbs, and have about 9lbs to go with 7 diet weeks left. BF is about 13.9%, so the dreadfulness of a diet has now showed it's ugly face.

Cardio is:

4 AM sessions for 45 min
                  5 PM sessiong for 45 min

Diet is:

M1- 3 oz turkey, 1 whole egg, 3 whites, 1/2 grapefruit
                  M2- 1/2 c strawberries, 1.5 scoops protein, 15 almonds
                  M3- 5oz turkey, 2c veggies
                  M4- same as 2
                  M5- same as 3
                  M6- 3/4 c Egg beaters

On Tues & Fri, my 5th meal is replaced by:

6oz sweet potato
                  1 banana
                  1/2 c oatmeal
                  1/2 c veggies

Comment

I like the green. I think red is overused from what I've seen. Like it's been said though, you have to think how it's going to look under those bright lights and not just under normal lighting.

Comment

I went with the green for the 2 piece, and a red velvet glitter fabric for the 1 piece.

The green is not as above, it's more of a hologram pattern, and the green has more blue tones than above. I think brunettes look great in red, so that's why I went with it. I did think about the lights, so that's why I went with the glitter instead of a wet look lycra

Comment

***Update

Weight is 137lb
                        BF is 12.5%
                        Overall pinches fell by 2.75mm

6 weeks out
                        5 diet weeks

Diet and cardio the same

Comment

I was JUST thinking - "I wonder how RS is doing?" That's great! Are you still excited about the show?

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat
                            I was JUST thinking - "I wonder how RS is doing?" That's great! Are you still excited about the show?

I'm getting more excited the closer it gets. I'm probably most weirded out about just getting on stage. I was kinda nervous. Last time it seemed to go so fast, but I was having to do poses. This time with figure it's obviously different. You just have to do quarter turns and then stand there for God knows how long to be critiqued. I think I'll be really excited when my suits come. They will be here 2-3 weeks before my show.

My energy levels have dipped the past couple of weeks...obviously the no-carb thing is having an impact.

It's weird- I look at how my body is coming along, and it's made great strides...but then I realize what I need to look like and want to do more cardio. ;) I am still a little paranoid that I still may be a bit too big. I'll be lean, but you know how the leaner someone gets, the bigger they look? My shoulders and back are well proportioned, I'm just nervous about my overall size. If the rest of the girls who show up are sort of skinny with a little muscle then I may be SOL if I look like the odd ball...

Comment

Red - you're gonna do great - you NEVER know who is gonna show up on gameday - I took second in all 3 of my shows this year and all 3 of the guys who beat me took the overall - if any one of them had stayed home I would have my nq status - just rest easy knowing YOU may be "that girl" who shows up and blows everyone else out of the water ;)

As for the spotlight - I'm usually very shy/reserved but damn if something about being on stage doesn't bring something else out in me - I don't know what the hell it is but I've fallen in love with being under those lights - take me off of it though and I go right back to being quiet/humble/shy...

Comment

LOL..

Oh, I want to be the girl who blows their doors off- I'm in it to win it!!!

But, one of our friends is a judge for the NPC, and made mention once that if there is a girl who is in banging shape, but the rest are not, that that girl will be counted down for that. It seems like a total oxymoron to award lesser conditioning and shape when there is someone up there who has met the criteria. That's not what judging a show is all about. I have yet to see a group of guys on stage at 8% do better than the one guy who's sitting pretty at 4%.I don't put too much stock in what he said, but it still got me thinking. I mean, this is going to be a pretty small show...Come to think of it- that just pisses me off he even said something like that.

Thanks for the encouragement :)

Comment

Working...
                                X