X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't wait to see how you do! Good luck redsquirrel

Comment

***Update

Well, the show is over... I didn't do as well as I expected. However, I also wasn't expecting there to be 115 competitors when there were 50 something last year! The quality of this show was UNBELIEVABLE. It was equal to, if not better than the Beverly Show...So, I got 5th in my class. There were 11 girls in the class. Everything went as planned, water, sodium, weight, etc.

But, I knew going in that I don't have the body for figure. I don't have narrow hips- it's that simple. I could've dieted for another 3 weeks, gotten a touch leaner, and MAYBE gotten 3rd. I'm just realistic about it that my body type is not what they look for. I have a good amount of muscle, fuller muscle bellies,e tc. But I don't have narrow hips, a tiny waist, or a wide clavicle. All 4 girls that placed ahead of me didn't have the muscle that I did, but had tiny waists and no hips. So, I think because of my conditioning, presentation, etc., that those things got me 5th.

HOWEVER- there were several things that were pretty suspect to me at this show. I've been to a lot of shows, and here's what really irritated me. I may even send a letter to the NPC

1- We were judged in our 2 piece FIRST with callouts. However, the head judge did not flip flop the girls on the end so the whole panel of judges could see. Then we were brought out in our 1 pieces??? All we did were quarter turns in the order we came out in- NO call outs. We were on stage for maybe 2 minutes in our 1 piece. So, I asked one of judges before the night show, and the promoter about that. They both pretty much told me that the 2 piece is judged much harder because some people can hide their flaws in a 1 piece. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? These people just basically told me that we were not judged equally in our 1 pieces!

2- My second problem was there were only FIVE judges, one of the five being the head judge. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but it's my understanding that seven judges are required; ESPECIALLY at a National Qualifier. The head judge isn't supposed to be scoring at all. So, after they throw out the lowest and the highest scores that leaves just 3 scores. I'm not unhappy with how they judged me, because I know why I got 5th, and I'm ok with that. I'm just not sure if we were judged objectively enough.

Comment

Originally posted by rado
        Hips are good...Forget those tiny girls:) Good job!

:) Thanks. The hips are good for clothes, just not for figure!

Comment

Congrats RS - regardless of placing, it's awesome you dieted/prepped for a show and got up there and did your thing.

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat
            Congrats RS - regardless of placing, it's awesome you dieted/prepped for a show and got up there and did your thing.
            I know...and I was happy with my conditioning. There really is very little I could've done differently. It just pisses me off that people who don't have half the work ethic that I do, do better just based on their genetics.

Comment

Congrats red great job.and you are absulutely right about genetics part of the game but at the same time that's what makes me work harder.

Comment

Originally posted by redsquirrel
                ***Update

Well, the show is over... I didn't do as well as I expected. However, I also wasn't expecting there to be 115 competitors when there were 50 something last year! The quality of this show was UNBELIEVABLE. It was equal to, if not better than the Beverly Show...So, I got 5th in my class. There were 11 girls in the class. Everything went as planned, water, sodium, weight, etc.

But, I knew going in that I don't have the body for figure. I don't have narrow hips- it's that simple. I could've dieted for another 3 weeks, gotten a touch leaner, and MAYBE gotten 3rd. I'm just realistic about it that my body type is not what they look for. I have a good amount of muscle, fuller muscle bellies,e tc. But I don't have narrow hips, a tiny waist, or a wide clavicle. All 4 girls that placed ahead of me didn't have the muscle that I did, but had tiny waists and no hips. So, I think because of my conditioning, presentation, etc., that those things got me 5th.

HOWEVER- there were several things that were pretty suspect to me at this show. I've been to a lot of shows, and here's what really irritated me. I may even send a letter to the NPC

1- We were judged in our 2 piece FIRST with callouts. However, the head judge did not flip flop the girls on the end so the whole panel of judges could see. Then we were brought out in our 1 pieces??? All we did were quarter turns in the order we came out in- NO call outs. We were on stage for maybe 2 minutes in our 1 piece. So, I asked one of judges before the night show, and the promoter about that. They both pretty much told me that the 2 piece is judged much harder because some people can hide their flaws in a 1 piece. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? These people just basically told me that we were not judged equally in our 1 pieces!

2- My second problem was there were only FIVE judges, one of the five being the head judge. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but it's my understanding that seven judges are required; ESPECIALLY at a National Qualifier. The head judge isn't supposed to be scoring at all. So, after they throw out the lowest and the highest scores that leaves just 3 scores. I'm not unhappy with how they judged me, because I know why I got 5th, and I'm ok with that. I'm just not sure if we were judged objectively enough.
                First, good job. It sounds to me like your body is perfectly suited in between figure and bodybuilding. Kind of like the bodybuilding girls of the 80's. Cory Everson for example. They were more muscular and lean then todays figure girls but not as big as todays bodybuilder girls. I think your goal then should be to work to your strengths. Go for that lean beautiful female bodybuilding type body of the 70's-80's.

Second, are you still surprised at how bodybuilding/figure shows are judged? This shit has been going on for years with no real set guidelines. They have no real leadership tough the NPC is slightly better then the IFBB at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER
                  First, good job. It sounds to me like your body is perfectly suited in between figure and bodybuilding. Kind of like the bodybuilding girls of the 80's. Cory Everson for example. They were more muscular and lean then todays figure girls but not as big as todays bodybuilder girls. I think your goal then should be to work to your strengths. Go for that lean beautiful female bodybuilding type body of the 70's-80's.

Second, are you still surprised at how bodybuilding/figure shows are judged? This shit has been going on for years with no real set guidelines. They have no real leadership tough the NPC is slightly better then the IFBB at this time.

Thanks.

And, I've never thought of it that way, but that assessment of my body type is really accurate. My shoulder to waist to hip ratio is good because I have a great back. But even with that advantage, it doesn' make up for the narrow hips. I've always had some junk in the trunk, and I always will. I also know that I would never be pro no matter how many shows I did or how hard I worked. There's nothing I can do about that, and I'm ok with that. The biggest reason I did this show was to get a thin as possible because I'm probably going to have to get on some fertility meds in the next month or so, and I wanted to be as thin as possible due to the lovely fat retaining effects of such drugs. So, with that in mind, I did pretty well at 5th.

As for if I'm surprised about the judging.. I wouldn't say I'm surprised....I was just moreso puzzled at how blatantly obvious they make their inconsistencies. At least have some uniformity as to even the number of judges. The fact that they judged us first in the 2 piece, and for 30 seconds in the 1 piece with no callouts just solidified the disorganization. It's just that judging a show in general is so objective, they can at least make it fair by doing us the courtesy of having the required number of judges

Comment

Thanks.

And, I've never thought of it that way, but that assessment of my body type is really accurate. My shoulder to waist to hip ratio is good because I have a great back. But even with that advantage, it doesn' make up for the narrow hips. I've always had some junk in the trunk, and I always will. I also know that I would never be pro no matter how many shows I did or how hard I worked. There's nothing I can do about that, and I'm ok with that. The biggest reason I did this show was to get a thin as possible because I'm probably going to have to get on some fertility meds in the next month or so, and I wanted to be as thin as possible due to the lovely fat retaining effects of such drugs. So, with that in mind, I did pretty well at 5th.

As for if I'm surprised about the judging.. I wouldn't say I'm surprised....I was just moreso puzzled at how blatantly obvious they make their inconsistencies. At least have some uniformity as to even the number of judges. The fact that they judged us first in the 2 piece, and for 30 seconds in the 1 piece with no callouts just solidified the disorganization. It's just that judging a show in general is so objective, they can at least make it fair by doing us the courtesy of having the required number of judges
                    ya, after you have the baby and get back into things. i think you should make that your goal. the bodybuilding girls from the late 70's/80's were the best by far.

like you said, 5th place isnt something to be down about. you beat 6 other girls and figure isnt even your thing. pretty good if you ask me. much respect red.

Comment

Regardless, great work...Good luck with bringing in another child.
                      Another?

Comment

Another?
                        please excuse rado, he knows not what he says. he means well but was not blessed with a strong mind. :hang:

Comment

:rofl:

Man you crack me up...
                          Yeah, it's really funny.

Comment

Working...
                          X