Pistol for home defense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilson Combat | CQB Compact

That's the base gun to what I have mine has a lot more options on it but that's the idea of it

Comment

You break into Mr I's house and I bet he's like

Comment

Rocket I know you're not one to talk yourself up if you can't back it up. Sounds like you are a good shot. I wouldn't say I'm a professional by any means but I have the luxury of shooting in my back yard. I get to practice whenever I have the time but still have a lot I want to improve on.

Comment

Ya I didn't mean to sound like a dick!

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKETW19 View Post
            Ya I didn't mean to sound like a dick!
            I didn't take it that way man. I know I have a lot to improve on. In my area there is a place that you can pay to go through - kind of like an obstacle course. There are targets of good and bad guys setup. They time you to see how quickly you can move through the course and how accurate your shots are. I'd love to get some experienced training on something like that. Sounds like a blast.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr I View Post
              Yes but what you need to understand is tgat there are far far less guns in circulation on the street. The chances are if someone comes to invade your home it's with blunt weapons. Does gun crime happen? Yes, but far less than in a country like USA.

I don't care what type of weapon they have. I'm using a gun in defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Chadd77 View Post
                I didn't take it that way man. I know I have a lot to improve on. In my area there is a place that you can pay to go through - kind of like an obstacle course. There are targets of good and bad guys setup. They time you to see how quickly you can move through the course and how accurate your shots are. I'd love to get some experienced training on something like that. Sounds like a blast.
                Ya there's a guy who's supposed to be real good at 3 gun style training I want my big kid to go to
                She is a natural marksman but her speed is very slow.
                I used to be same way just bullseye type stuff but about 4-5 years ago I swapped to more speed multi target stuff.
                I'd love to run a coarse that would be so fun to go threw those house things.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo3000 View Post
                  I don't care what type of weapon they have. I'm using a gun in defense.
                  No shit you come in my house with your bare hands I'm still gonna shoot you.
                  I'll all in fur a fair fist fight of coarse but not in my house where my kids are

Comment

The emotion that comes to the fore whenever guns are discussed

Comment

Originally posted by Mr I View Post
                      The emotion that comes to the fore whenever guns are discussed
                      Not at all, but you are trying to make a home invasion seem OK as long as they don't have a gun.

I don't care about any material item in my house, not a single fucking one. I only care about my wife, daughter, and dog. I don't care what you have as a weapon, I will treat a home invasion as a threat upon my life. I won't go looking for a fight, but I will defend my family. I will gladly sit upstairs and call the authorities while you load up my tv and ps4, but come at me or my family and expect some lead to come your way. It really is that fucking simple.

Comment

I will gladly sit upstairs and call the authorities while you load up my tv and ps4, but come at me or my family and expect some lead to come your way. It really is that fucking simple.
                        Not an expert on this by any means, and it probably varies by jurisdisction, but I would imagine that justifiable use of deadly force probably falls along the lines you describe presumably? If the guys are actually threatening or actually attempting physical harm on you or your family, vs. just stealing the TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                          Not an expert on this by any means, and it probably varies by jurisdisction, but I would imagine that justifiable use of deadly force probably falls along the lines you describe presumably? If the guys are actually threatening or actually attempting physical harm on you or your family, vs. just stealing the TV.
                          Varies by state. GA has a castle doctrine. I can shoot you for breaking into my house, I can't go outside and shoot you while you are trying to steal my car.

It is more complicated than that, but you get the picture.

My bedroom is upstairs, I'm really not interested in going downstairs if I hear someone break into my house. I will call the cops and I'll wait at the top of my stairs. I would shoot as soon as they started coming up the steps.

Comment

Varies by state. GA has a castle doctrine. I can shoot you for breaking into my house, I can't go outside and shoot you while you are trying to steal my car.

It is more complicated than that, but you get the picture.

My bedroom is upstairs, I'm really not interested in going downstairs if I hear someone break into my house. I will call the cops and I'll wait at the top of my stairs. I would shoot as soon as they started coming up the steps.
                            Pretty much it in a nutshell. Many states have adopted specific stand your ground law, Florida was on the forefront in around 2005. The Castle doctrine of course applies to your "castle" modernly identified by context as space you are legally occupying-although in many states is specific to domiciles. It essentially gives you the right to protect your home with deadly force. The defendant of course has the burden of proof to show deadly force as reasonable--and that criteria varies state to state.

Its important to remember that about 19 states-a fair chunk up in New England- still have duty to retreat statutes which detrimentally effect your ability to defend yourself. With duty to flee, and again variations exist state to state, the premise is that you are not allowed to use deadly force to defend yourself if the conclusion (by jury I imagine) is that you could have retreated to avoid injury or death.

Comment

Texas law is like something out of the wild west lol

Comment

Not at all, but you are trying to make a home invasion seem OK as long as they don't have a gun.

I don't care about any material item in my house, not a single fucking one. I only care about my wife, daughter, and dog. I don't care what you have as a weapon, I will treat a home invasion as a threat upon my life. I won't go looking for a fight, but I will defend my family. I will gladly sit upstairs and call the authorities while you load up my tv and ps4, but come at me or my family and expect some lead to come your way. It really is that fucking simple.
                                That's not really what I said turbo, but I take your points

Comment

Working...
                                X