Pointers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pointers?

I am new to eating healthy, before I ate whatever I wanted and now I am fat, can you all look at my diet and let me know what I am doing right and what I am doing wrong?

I am trying to take in no liquid calories other than my protein shakes.

2 days ago...
    Breakfast 6:45am: 2 cups of oats with 1/4 cups of frozen blueberries, shortly after one scoop of ON Hydro Whey

9am: a handful of almonds/pistachios

10am: a small baked sweet potato and one scoop of ON casein

12pm: a small sweet potato, 1 cup of egg whites, 1/4 cup avocado, 1 scoop ON Hydro Whey

2pm: apple and a sweet potato

4:45pm: 1 scoop of ON Hydro Whey

5pm: 4 scoops of Con Crete HCL creatine
    5-6:30ish work out
    6:30pm: one bottle of Muscle Milk

7pm: 2 cod fillets, 1 cup of sauteed vegetables in olive oil

10pm: 1 scoop of ON casein

Yesterday...

Breakfast 6:45am: 2 cups of oats with a packet of splenda, shortly after one scoop of ON Hydro Whey

10am: a small baked sweet potato and one scoop of ON casein

12pm: a small sweet potato, 5 whole eggs scrambled in olive oil, 1/4 cup avocado, 1 cup of long grain white rice, 1 scoop ON Hydro Whey

2pm: apple and a sweet potato

6pm: 2 slices of 18 inch homemade pizza (sausage, green pepper, mushroom) heavy on the sauce, light on the cheese

8-9pm cardio on my stationary bike

10pm: 1 scoop of ON casein

I am trying to wake up early in the morning to do cardio in the morning but it is not working out well, darn snooze button.

I guess I should list the supplements I take every day that I did not mention before in the previous message.

MuscleTech Platinum 100% Carnitine: 500mg with breakfast, 500mg with dinner

MuscleTech Platinum CLA: 800mg with breakfast, 800mg with lunch and 800mg with dinner.

NOW Green Tea Extract 400mg with breakfast

NOW Alpha Lipoic Acid 250mg with breakfast

1 a Day mens multivitamin with breakfast

Natures Made Potassium Gluconate 500mg with breakfast

I drink about 4-5 cups of coffee throughout the morning

I just started taking NOW Digestive System V caps today.

Comment

Other than the multivitamin and the potassium gluconate the other supplements have been added to my diet in the past couple weeks.

Comment

Quickly the thing that jumps out at me is I think you are relying way to much on whey for protein.

Comment

What is wrong with the amount of whey I use? I have been using casien to replace some whole food meals and keep my calories down and whey to supplement the carbs I take in.
          Last edited by AvidFisherman; 04-10-15, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Protein powders are fine in a pinch but they should never replace real food sources like chicken, fish, lean steak etc..

Your body just doesn't use powders the same way. May look good on paper but in real world use your body will look better with real food. Limit it to 2 shakes per day if possible.

Comment

I am worried if I take out my shakes I will have trouble eating enough protein through the day.

Comment

I guess I was not paying attention, I am having 6 shakes a day, what do you suggest I do for shakes, a post workout whey shake and a casein shake before bed? I will have to come up with some other protein sources for breakfast and my in-between meals at work.

Comment

Do you know how many grams of fats carbs and protein you are getting each day? Seems like a high amount of carbs in there.

Comment

I am counting around 56 grams of fat and 331 grams of protein and 300 grams of total carbohydrates.
                    Last edited by AvidFisherman; 04-10-15, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AvidFisherman View Post
                      I guess I was not paying attention, I am having 6 shakes a day, what do you suggest I do for shakes, a post workout whey shake and a casein shake before bed? I will have to come up with some other protein sources for breakfast and my in-between meals at work.
                      Exactly bro, they would be the 2 best times. Replace the others with chicken. Simple and cheap. These 10 lb bags from Costco are a life saver for me.

Comment

Aright, I have tweaked my diet enough to think I am good to go. The fish is interchangeable with chicken and the broccoli is interchangeable with carrots or cauliflower. Some of you might think that I am taking too many protein shakes, this is the only way I have found to have close to enough protein and be at or under my caloric goals.

Breakfast
                        Broccoli, raw, 1 cup chopped
                        Quakers - Oatmeal, 40 g
                        Cod - Atlantic - Fillet, 4 ounces (112g)
                        Prairie Farms Cottage Cheese 50% Less Sodium - Low Fat/Low Sodium Cottage Cheese, 0.5 cup

Lunch
                        Avacado - Medium, 0.5 medium
                        Cod - Atlantic - Fillet, 4 ounces (112g)
                        Prairie Farms Cottage Cheese 50% Less Sodium - Low Fat/Low Sodium Cottage Cheese, 0.5 cup

Dinner
                        Avacado - Medium, 0.5 medium
                        Cod - Atlantic - Fillet, 8 ounces (112g)
                        Lettus (Iceburg - Salad, 2 cup
                        Carrots - Shredded Carrots, 0.25 cup
                        Hidden Valley - Ranch Dressing, 2 tbsp (30 g)

Snacks
                        Optimum Nutrition - Whey Isolate x 3, 96 g
                        Optimum Nutrition - Caesin, 1 scoop
                        Apples, raw, with skin, 1 medium (3" dia)
                        Fruit - Bananna, 1 medium (118 g)
                        Wild Planet - Wild Alaskan Pink Salmon , 1 container (168 g (2oz) ea.)
                        Wild Planet - White Anchovies In Water, 1 container (3 oz (56g) drained ea.)
                        Metamucil - Fiber Supplement- Orange, 2 rounded Tbsp

Total ..... 2,037.. 48... ..268... 2,695... 125.... 31
                        Daily Goal 1,930.. 64 ...290.. ..2,300. ..241... 38
                        ........... Calories Fat Protein Sodium Carbs Fiber
                        Last edited by AvidFisherman; 06-04-15, 01:03 PM.

Comment

I just read the article on ketosis and did some more research on ketogenic diets, what do you all think of me cutting out the fruit and oats and adding in 2 tbs of natural peanut butter? That will put my carbs down to 63.

Comment

Works great. Requires a lot of discipline and willingness to suffer.

But there are a lot more details. You've got to have weekly refeeds where you carb up. It's called a CKD (cyclic ketogenic diet).
                            Last edited by Scrumhalf; 06-04-15, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Definetly tough to handle physically and mentally. Feel like shit and just want to sleep all the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X