Dave Asprey on Joe Rogan Podcast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blm View Post
    At first I thought you were honestly trying to give an alternative view to various aspects of fitness, but it is starting to seem more like you have an ulterior motive, like a salesman. Am I wrong?
    You're wrong. This is what I use and I'm just sharing my experiences. Instead of typing up exactly what carb backloading is, I figured I would just link to it so that you could see it yourself and you could check the link to see if it was an affiliate link which it is not.

You guys seem to be really set in your ways around here. What's the use of discussing or offering something new if you are just going to shoot it down and stay in your own world/routine? We should just close the board and everyone keep doing what they did 10 years ago. Fuck science or new technologies. Right, blm?

I guess I was "selling something" when I also did some thinking outside of the box and helped fitnessbrat get diagnosed with her gluten intolerance based on some of her symptoms. I'll stop posting now & go somewhere more progressive. Good luck guys.
    Last edited by Juiced1; 10-22-12, 12:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced1 View Post
      You're wrong. This is what I use and I'm just sharing my experiences. Instead of typing up exactly what carb backloading is, I figured I would just link to it so that you could see it yourself and you could check the link to see if it was an affiliate link which it is not.

You guys seem to be really set in your ways around here. What's the use of discussing or offering something new if you are just going to shoot it down and stay in your own world/routine? We should just close the board and everyone keep doing what they did 10 years ago. Fuck science or new technologies. Right, blm?

I guess I was "selling something" when I also did some thinking outside of the box and helped fitnessbrat get diagnosed with her gluten intolerance based on some of her symptoms. I'll stop posting now & go somewhere more progressive. Good luck guys.

Well, thanks for leaving before answering my PM. :thumup:

Comment

I understand your stance here and hope you don't leave because of this. Your thoughts on things are "different" to say the least, but that's okay and by all means can/should be discussed.

You did help motivate me with resources, etc. I know I've thanked you before, but again I do appreciate it. :agreed:

Comment

I am set in a bodybuilder type lifestyle because it works. I am bigger and leaner then you and bigger and leaner then the leader of your pseudo science cult. why the fuck do i want to follow your ways when my ways works better? everyone is free to believe in whatever they want but dont expect me to follow. if you want to leave i will hold the door, perhaps you would fit in better at the crossfit/organic forum. i dont do what i do for health. peace.

i am all for new ideas if they make sense and the results speak for themselves. but your approach of coming at me saying my ways are wrong and your ways are right was never really going to work here was it?
          Last edited by Bouncer; 10-22-12, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
            I am set in a bodybuilder type lifestyle because it works. I am bigger and leaner then you and bigger and leaner then the leader of your pseudo science cult. why the fuck do i want to follow your ways when my ways works better? everyone is free to believe in whatever they want but dont expect me to follow. if you want to leave i will hold the door, perhaps you would fit in better at the crossfit/organic forum. i dont do what i do for health. peace.

i am all for new ideas if they make sense and the results speak for themselves. but your approach of coming at me saying my ways are wrong and your ways are right was never really going to work here was it?
            BOUNCER, I came across this post and laughed man. With all due respect, I have no skin in this argument but you sound like the uneducated bro lifter type to the fullest....

Look at rob riches, he stays high paleo (high fat high protein) and looks phenomenal. Read into "feed efficiency" and cattle man. Putting a pellet in an ear to change chemicals in an animal/(human) can make them up to 30% heavier. And its all calories in calories out, wow. What are we robots?

You need to be a bit more open minded on topics and if you need scientific evidence regarding these or how insulin sensitivity and carbs at night is "terrible" blah blah bro then let me know.

Id take anyones blood work and hormone levels on Daves recommended protocol over yours any day and if he CHOSE to lift BB style and ingest more protein im sure you could get a run for your money.

My .02 man, have a good one!

Comment

In regards to him selling things, hes a millionaire and VP of a company, the blog is a hobby, not a means of income.

Comment

Originally posted by bigt View Post

BOUNCER, I came across this post and laughed man. With all due respect, I have no skin in this argument but you sound like the uneducated bro lifter type to the fullest....

Look at rob riches, he stays high paleo (high fat high protein) and looks phenomenal. Read into "feed efficiency" and cattle man. Putting a pellet in an ear to change chemicals in an animal/(human) can make them up to 30% heavier. And its all calories in calories out, wow. What are we robots?

You need to be a bit more open minded on topics and if you need scientific evidence regarding these or how insulin sensitivity and carbs at night is "terrible" blah blah bro then let me know.

Id take anyones blood work and hormone levels on Daves recommended protocol over yours any day and if he CHOSE to lift BB style and ingest more protein im sure you could get a run for your money.

My .02 man, have a good one!
                He blatantly stated he does not do this for his "health", so the argument basically ends there - two different goals.

Comment

Working...
                X