unbelievably confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unbelievably confused

Hoping to get some advice on lifting and nutrition. It seems like I read so many contradictions I'm always doubting the training I'm doing. My goal is to get lean and then bulk. I weigh 255 and I'm 6'3, body fat is 22%. I'm lifting 6 days a week followed by 20 minutes of cardio where my heart rate is above 127. I'm following a routine from a site online which is 3 moves per body part
    Max weight for 6 reps 15 second rest max reps 1 minute rest max reps 15 seconds max reps 2 minute rest suicide set. Hoping for advice on if that is ideal, what type of cardio and then maybe some caloric baselines? Doing 2400 which I maintain weight at but I'm willing to do whatever it takes. Also supplement advice if its not a hassle. Currently using a pre workout NO, whey, creatine, BCAA'S, and glutamine.

You mention very little about diet. Diet is by FAR the biggest key in changing how your body looks. Lets see what your current diet looks like and go from there.

Comment

Okay, right now doing 2400 calories,
      Post workout shake 2 scoops whey protein
      Meal 1 8 oz chicken 1 banana
      Meal 2 1 can tuna, little fat free mayo, 2 pieces 35 cal bread, greek yogurt
      Meal 3 6 oz turkey burger, 1/2 cup wild rice
      Meal 4 8 oz chicken, apple, salad
      meal 5 fish, v-8, reduced fat cheesw
      Meal 6 celery and peanut butter, protein bar

Im willing to do whatever it takes diet wise. I stop eating at 6:30 and prepare all my meals in advance so just whatever it will take to get my bf to around 10% and weight to 225 so I can bulk.

Thanks for replying.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
        Okay, right now doing 2400 calories,
        Post workout shake 2 scoops whey protein
        Meal 1 8 oz chicken 1 banana
        Meal 2 1 can tuna, little fat free mayo, 2 pieces 35 cal bread, greek yogurt
        Meal 3 6 oz turkey burger, 1/2 cup wild rice
        Meal 4 8 oz chicken, apple, salad
        meal 5 fish, v-8, reduced fat cheesw
        Meal 6 celery and peanut butter, protein bar

Im willing to do whatever it takes diet wise. I stop eating at 6:30 and prepare all my meals in advance so just whatever it will take to get my bf to around 10% and weight to 225 so I can bulk.

Thanks for replying.
        Seems pretty good but to remove the variables would you be willing to go on a much stricter type of diet without much change in terms of the foods you are able to eat.. aka my diet? You will get the results your looking for if you are consistent with it, I promise you that. Just dial the portions back a bit to reach the 2200-2400 area.

__________________________________________________ ____

Meal 1: 2 scoops whey, 2 packets oats, 1 banana in blender.

Meal 2: 2 Chicken breasts, 2 packets oats, 3 fish oil caps

Pre Workout Drink

Meal 3: 2 scoops whey, 2 packets oats, 1 banana

Meal 4: 2 Chicken breasts, 2 packets oats, 3 fish oil caps, muilt-vit

Meal 5: 2 Chicken breasts, 2 packets oats, 3 fish oil caps

Total Protein = 300 Grams - 1200 cals
        Total Carbs = 360 Grams - 1440 cals
        Total Fat = 55 Grams - 495 cals

Total Cals = 3,095

Comment

I'll try it. Since i workout first thing in the morning I would just flip the pre workout drink to before meal 1 and is it okay to be a No Xplode or C4 type drink. The whey I use is 110 cal for 23 grams of protein so I should still get a ton of protein for the cal. Alright, I'll give it a shot.

Do you think the lifting routine and cardii I'm doing is okay? Thanks for all your help.

Comment

You are sweating the kind of small stuff that only someone who wants to get to single digits should need to worry about. At 22%, just focus on running a 500 kcal deficit and keep your protein high and add some cardio. That's all you should need to get down well below 15%.

Comment

I'll try it. Since i workout first thing in the morning I would just flip the pre workout drink to before meal 1 and is it okay to be a No Xplode or C4 type drink. The whey I use is 110 cal for 23 grams of protein so I should still get a ton of protein for the cal. Alright, I'll give it a shot.

Do you think the lifting routine and cardii I'm doing is okay? Thanks for all your help.
              Yes, you are doing the same as me, training 6 days a week followed by 20 minutes of cardio. Same pre-work out drink as well.

Take scrums advice also.

Comment

Okay great I'm on it and we'll see how it goes. I changed up the cardio to 20 minutes of HIT on the stationary bike so hopefully that will add to fat loss. If you guys thunk there are any supplements I should take let me know, otherwise I'lk just stick with what I have going until a lower bidy fat number. Thanks again.

Comment

Okay great I'm on it and we'll see how it goes. I changed up the cardio to 20 minutes of HIT on the stationary bike so hopefully that will add to fat loss. If you guys thunk there are any supplements I should take let me know, otherwise I'lk just stick with what I have going until a lower bidy fat number. Thanks again.
                  I dont know about the bike thing. I have always just done treadmill. right now im doing 20 minutes PWO incline 2.0 speed 3.5mph. im well under 10%bf so the results are clear.

Comment

so bouncer, question? with such a high calorie intake and such a low bf% is that just because your work outs burn so much for cal defaset

Comment

Originally posted by k9619 View Post
                      so bouncer, question? with such a high calorie intake and such a low bf% is that just because your work outs burn so much for cal defaset
                      No lifting weights don't burn a lot of cals and his treadmill cardio is no where near HIT its for fat loss.
                      He eats so much cuz he has a lot more muscle that the OP
                      Muscle take cals

Comment

Not sure where OP went. It's been 5 months. Plenty of time to have made significant improvement if he stuck to his plan. Brad, are you there?

Comment

Ok rocket so eat big to get big? but how to control fat growth to muscle growth??

Comment

Originally posted by k9619 View Post
                            Ok rocket so eat big to get big? but how to control fat growth to muscle growth??
                            yes that is true but i was saying bouncer eats more calls per day than you even though you are same weight is cuz he has a lot more muscle.

to get big yes you have to eat big only way to do that and not get fat is to eat "clean" cals have to be quality like chicken breast, brown rice ect.
                            if you eat candy and cake they are not muscle building cals they fat builders

3000 cal of chicken and rice per day VS 3000 cal of candy per day is totally different.
                            hope that makes sense at all i tried to explain best i could lol

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKETW19 View Post
                              yes that is true but i was saying bouncer eats more calls per day than you even though you are same weight is cuz he has a lot more muscle.

to get big yes you have to eat big only way to do that and not get fat is to eat "clean" cals have to be quality like chicken breast, brown rice ect.
                              if you eat candy and cake they are not muscle building cals they fat builders

3000 cal of chicken and rice per day VS 3000 cal of candy per day is totally different.
                              hope that makes sense at all i tried to explain best i could lol
                              yeah ok cool! yeah that I understand. been lost as to the why and how to it all. been afrid of rice because of carbs but complex car is good simple carb bad. yeah totally new light. thx

Comment

Working...
                              X