Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
    Xbox Next Could Reportedly Beat PlayStation 5 in Next Console Generation

There’s already a lot of chatter about the next generation of gaming, even though neither the PlayStation 5 or “next” Xbox have been confirmed just yet. However, the folks at Engadget believe there’s already a clear winner in sight, and it could very well be Microsoft.

Sure, Sony’s got the lead in this generation, with over 80 million PlayStation 4’s sold compared to fewer Xbox One units shifted, but Microsoft is loading up on talent and resources for the forthcoming generation, and that could very well make the difference, the site notes in its piece.

Writer Jessica Conditt acknowledges that when the Xbox One launched, it was a “clownish disaster,” focusing more on features in general rather than killer games, as well as an always-on Internet connection that was later nixed amidst complaints.

Since that time, the company has been making technical strides, particularly with the release of the Xbox One X last year. Despite its high price, it shifted to the forefront of the high-definition movement, thanks to quality support of both games and 4K-based movies across the board.

And sales have since improved in the Xbox line. Even though they’re still behind the PS4, a report from NPD’s Mat Piscatella indicates, “Xbox One sales show the highest growth of the three major [hardware] platforms in the US this year, and the Xbox One X in particular has been performing phenomenally."

Conditt believes that “a strong upswing at the backend of a console generation will only help the company in the future. And Microsoft certainly has plans there.”

Cross-play has a part in that success, as the publisher has been wide open supporting games like Fortnite and Rocket League with other systems- something, by the way, Sony was against for the longest time before it finally relented.

And while there’s doubt about messaging and finding features that fit a crowd outside of “hardcore” gamers, Conditt feels that the next piece of Microsoft’s tech may “already be setting the stage for the next hardware cycle.”

There has been talk about the company introducing two types of hardware for the future, including a “streaming box” set to ship without a disk drive built in. And while that has a lot of people excited, nothing’s been finalized yet. Still, if Microsoft took this choice in design, it’d be leaving a lot of options available for gamers, including those with a budget.

There’s also discussion about the Adaptive Controller, and Microsoft’s experimentation levels, which could easily carry over into 2019 and beyond.

With this year, Conditt believes Microsoft has turned things around, and that, besides what was discussed above, it’s planning big for the future between hardware design and its cavalcade of studio acquisitions like Ninja Theory and Obsidian Entertainment.

To sum up, Conditt concludes, “It took about five years, two mid-generation console releases and a brand-new gamepad to get us here, but Xbox is back. Microsoft is finally in control of the video game conversation once again, and in 2019, its runway is clear. Xbox is about to blast off.” And it could very well start with E3 2019, since Sony has stepped away from the trade event.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by boricuarage79 View Post

You seen project stream? Could remove the need for consoles if they can get it to work properly and if your Internet is good enough.

https://mashable.com/article/google-.../#kLNfBP9V_Gqn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRK2WJRyR_8

Comment

You seen project stream? Could remove the need for consoles if they can get it to work properly and if your Internet is good enough.

https://mashable.com/article/google-.../#kLNfBP9V_Gqn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRK2WJRyR_8
        Yeah that's this thing. You gota have hella good internet. You don't want the game buffering while you playing or have drops in frame rate

Comment

• The next-generation console wars are well and truly on in 2019, with incumbents the PS5 and Xbox Two set to face a surprise new challenger in the 4K and VR-friendly Mad Box from Project Cars developer Slightly Mad Studios.

As first reported by Variety, Slightly Mad CEO Ian Bell has thrown down to the gauntlet to both the Sony PlayStation 5 and Microsoft’s Xbox 2 by revealing that his studio is working on a beastly new console dubbed the Mad Box.

It’s intended to be “the most powerful console ever built” and looks set to come with a host of PS5 and Xbox Two rivalling specs, including support for 4K graphics and VR games at up to 60fps.

Expanding on the prospect of Mad Box being a boon for developers, Bell told Variety:

“We plan to allow games from all developers, old and new. The ’new’ possibly being many of those that benefit from our completely free development engine…We think the industry is a little too much of a monopoly or a micro oligopoly. We think competition is healthy and we have the required hardware contacts to be able to bring something epic to fruition based on our designs,” Mad Studios CEO Ian Bell commented.

He added that the Mad Box will be a “worldwide console” that could fill a gap in areas that aren’t “particularly open to other vendors at this moment” – specifically VR, where he promised a device that “will support most major VR headsets” and offer specs to rival a “very fast PC 2 years from now.”

There’s no word on when the Mad Box might be released, or how much it will cost, but the prospect of a challenger system to the PS5 and Xbox Two is surely an exciting one for gamers growing tired of the industry duopoly.

In recent times, only the Nintendo Switch has really offered ‘something different’ compared to the traditional consoles, but the Mad Box could be set to change all that and shake up the gaming world – be it this year or next.

https://www.trustedreviews.com/news/...ad-box-3640737

Comment

• Finally got COD Ops 4 and it is pretty fucking cool game.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by rado View Post
              Finally got COD Ops 4 and it is pretty fucking cool game.

Comment

• No image asshole

Comment

No image asshole

Comment

Lol fuck you

Comment

Ha ha just seen the gif.

Yea that's me and you...do you play it?

Comment

• Last time I played cod was modern warfare.

Sent from my Moto G6 using Tapatalk

Comment

Last time I played cod was modern warfare.

Sent from my Moto G6 using Tapatalk
                          I ordered Anthem

Comment

I ordered Anthem
                            Good thing i can play 10 free hours before deciding if i want this destiny knock off lol

Comment

• i'm surprised you 2 turds don't like that bullshit fortnight. run and gun garbage for the masses.

Comment

i'm surprised you 2 turds don't like that bullshit fortnight. run and gun garbage for the masses.
                                My son wants it and i said nope! Tells u how much i don't like these games

Comment

Working...
                                X