No announcement yet.

Playstation & Xbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Details about Google’s game streaming platform just leaked ahead of today’s announcement

Google is about to show the world its vision for the future of gaming, but many details about Google’s game streaming platform were leaked just ahead of the event. We’ve known for a while now that Google plans to bring high-end games to just about any device that can run an internet browsing app and has access to decent Wi-Fi or cellular data speeds, and Google even ran a beta test for the service. But the company didn’t reveal all its secrets during the Project Stream beta last fall.

According to Kotaku, the main focus of Google’s keynote will be the streaming platform. Google wants high-end games to be available to players regardless of platform, with support including Windows 10, Mac, Chrome, TVs, Android, and iPhone.

Google will also unveil a controller for this particular project, which will include some streaming capabilities. That means you might be able to access the streaming platform on a TV set even if you don’t have any gaming hardware hooked up to it.

The platform will also deliver a few smart features, the report says, which aren’t available anywhere else in the gaming world:

You’re watching your favorite Twitch streamer play a game, and you think it looks cool, so you buy it, and then, if the developers of the game have toggled this feature, you can download a save file that starts you off right where your streamer was playing. Or maybe it’s a multiplayer game, and you can buy the game and immediately jump into a match with the streamer, if the developers allow it and the streamer is down.

One other notable feature is YouTube integration. You might be able to buy a game directly from a YouTube ad. More interestingly, you’ll be able to load the correct spot in a YouTube walkthrough, after Google recognizes where you are in the game.

Aside from high-end games from other developers, you’ll have access to Google’s own titles. The company’s Yeti gaming unit is run by former PlayStation and Xbox exec Phil Harrison.

That said, it’s unclear how much the game streaming service will cost when it launches, and what games will be available initially

Comment

• Google jumps into gaming with Google Stadia streaming service, coming in 2019

SAN FRANCISCO—At the Game Developers Conference, Google announced its biggest play yet in the gaming space: a streaming game service named Google Stadia, designed to run on everything from PCs and Android phones to Google's own Chromecast devices.

As of press time, the service's release window is simply "2019." No pricing information was announced at the event.

Google Stadia will run a selection of existing PC games on Google's centralized servers, taking in controller inputs and sending back video and audio using Google's network of low-latency data centers. The company revealed a new Google-produced controller, along with a game-streaming interface that revolves around a "play now" button. Press this on any Web browser and gameplay will begin "in as quick as five seconds... with no download, no patch, no update, and no install."

"With Stadia, this waiting game will be a thing of the past," Google's Phil Harrison said. He then demonstrated Stadia gameplay on a Pixel 3 XL, followed by "the least-powerful PC we could find." The following gameplay was advertised as "1080p, 60 frames per second." Harrison confirmed that existing "USB controllers and mouse-and-keyboard" will function with Stadia games as well.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/...aming-service/

Comment

• Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
        Google jumps into gaming with Google Stadia streaming service, coming in 2019

SAN FRANCISCO—At the Game Developers Conference, Google announced its biggest play yet in the gaming space: a streaming game service named Google Stadia, designed to run on everything from PCs and Android phones to Google's own Chromecast devices.

As of press time, the service's release window is simply "2019." No pricing information was announced at the event.

Google Stadia will run a selection of existing PC games on Google's centralized servers, taking in controller inputs and sending back video and audio using Google's network of low-latency data centers. The company revealed a new Google-produced controller, along with a game-streaming interface that revolves around a "play now" button. Press this on any Web browser and gameplay will begin "in as quick as five seconds... with no download, no patch, no update, and no install."

"With Stadia, this waiting game will be a thing of the past," Google's Phil Harrison said. He then demonstrated Stadia gameplay on a Pixel 3 XL, followed by "the least-powerful PC we could find." The following gameplay was advertised as "1080p, 60 frames per second." Harrison confirmed that existing "USB controllers and mouse-and-keyboard" will function with Stadia games as well.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/...aming-service/
        Friend: Dude are you ready to play?

Me: Hold on, my game is still buffering

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Sold my xbox x lol

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Androman View Post
            Sold my xbox x lol

Red Dead 2, God of War, and Uncharted 4. Only 3 you need. Best of the best. Take your time with red Dead, enjoy the world slowly. If you try and run through it you will miss the point.

Sent from my Moto G7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Red Dead 2, God of War, and Uncharted 4. Only 3 you need. Best of the best. Take your time with red Dead, enjoy the world slowly. If you try and run through it you will miss the point.

Lol I had it for the X I just had to rebuy it

Comment

• Originally posted by Androman View Post
                Lol I had it for the X I just had to rebuy it

The x on a 4k set is the best version of RD2 dumb fuck!

God of War is the game to get bro. Spider Man gets old after a few hours. I stopped playing after about 3 hours in. Looks amazing though.

Comment

The x on a 4k set is the best version of RD2 dumb fuck!

God of War is the game to get bro. Spider Man gets old after a few hours. I stopped playing after about 3 hours in. Looks amazing though.

Shut up you twink I have a 4k hdtv I just like ps4 more. Better games in my opinion. Have you played Sekiro? It's pretty fucking bad ass mate

Comment

• Sekiro that new samuri game coming out?

Comment

Sekiro that new samuri game coming out?

Nooo dummy. Sekiro, the new bad ass samurai game that already came out ;)

Comment

• What game am I talking about? Can't remember name.

Comment

What game am I talking about? Can't remember name.

U don't want to play sekiro bro.. it's made by the same people from dark soul series and bloodbourne
                          It is a very hard fuxkin game where u die a billion times. And no difficult settings.
                          It's all about precision and timing
                          Why u think I haven't played it.
                          I will throw my remotes at the tv

Comment

• Originally posted by boricuarage79 View Post
                            U don't want to play sekiro bro.. it's made by the same people from dark soul series and bloodbourne
                            It is a very hard fuxkin game where u die a billion times. And no difficult settings.
                            It's all about precision and timing
                            Why u think I haven't played it.
                            I will throw my remotes at the tv

I'm sure you can get away with that and afford a new one soldier [emoji14]

Comment

• I wana enjoy games. Not get frustrated

Comment

• GameStop on life support. It's business model is dieing rapidly, much like blockbuster 10 years ago. Physical copies of games wont be a thing in the next few years.

GameStop posts massive loss as pre-owned game sales plummet

Stock hits lowest point since 2005 after $673 million annual loss.

One of the world's biggest video game retailers just announced its worst annual performance in decades, raising renewed questions about the health of the physical video game market as downloadable games continue their ascent. Net sales for GameStop were down 3 percent for the 52-week period ending February 2, a slide that helped flip last year's modest $34.7 million profit to a sizable $673 million operating loss. On top of that, the company expects sales to decline another 5 to 10 percent in the next fiscal year.

GameStop's massive loss is the largest ever reported by the company, and only the third annual loss since it grew out of the corporate remains of FuncoLand in 2000. GameStop last posted a loss in 2012, when it lost nearly $270 million thanks in part to weak holiday sales near the end of that era's console generation.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/...sales-plummet/

Comment

Working...
                                X