No announcement yet.

Playstation & Xbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The biggest problems with the game comes when Bungie gives in to the whiners who want an easy game and not have to work for stuff. Those are the same people who whine about having to pay for live memberships and probably whine in real life about everything not being handed to them.

I think they found a good middle ground here. Some of the things people are crying about not having, life weekly heroic, aren't even there anymore like it was. It all got revamped. So even if it was available they couldn't play it like they did in year 1. So the talk about people without the expansion getting locked out of things is very misleading.

Comment

• Tkd if you think destiny is a hard game I'd like to see you give bloodborne a try. ;)

Comment

• Now for game talk :grin:

I have played my Titan only for most of the last 3 days. Still a lot to do and so much fun.

Currently I am at 284 light and have two new exotics. I got the Telesto fusion rifle from nightfall and the Empyrean Belicose helmet from a xur engram. Quick tip, I didn't know about until I spent about 300 strange coins, is the xur heavy engram will only give you year 1 level guns.

Overall nightfall was not as difficult this week as I thought it would. We did it with one guy at level, I was slightly under (274 I think) and one guy way under (in the 240's). The way under level guy was a rez which did help us twice. So if you have people under, make sure one is a rez.

Comment

• I'll give it another try after I beat MGS5.

Sounds like Destiny has changed so much that it wouldn't be fair for me to talk about it without understanding the new game. I absolutely stand by my review of the older game I played last year. It was a pile of shit money grab that had very little in terms of innovation and level design. I'll reserve judgment on the new game until I play what sounds like a completely revised game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
            Tkd if you think destiny is a hard game I'd like to see you give bloodborne a try. ;)
            I wouldn't say it's hard. But to get the best stuff it isn't a gimme and I hate when they make it easier for the crying people.

I wish they would take the exotics away from xur. Or at least only allow a few of the things to be available there. Something like now having only year one stuff that is at year two level. It's more fun to have to get rewards for the work than just buy it. But I'm also not going to just avoid buying it and fall behind players who xurned everything instead of earning it, because of some video game morality.

And I think without getting into the PVP (crucible) side of the game you are really missing out on half the game that is a lot of fun.

Comment

• I'll give it all a new try. If it's good I'll admit it.

I can't knock them for continuing to improve and work on their product.

Give me a list of things I absolutely must do to get the full experience of the new game.

Comment

I'll give it all a new try. If it's good I'll admit it.

Give me a list of things I absolutely must do to get the full experience of the new game.
                The biggest thing I think is to try and play with friends as much as possible. So many little things you learn from others experience. Plus it's so much more fun to achieve things with your friends.

Catching up will have some tedious things for probably a few hours worth of work per character. After that I can give you more tips if needed. End game stuff of course are the most satisfying achievements. That's raids for PVE and Trials for PVP. It's kind of hard to know what to list without seeing your character.

Comment

• I think probably one of the reasons I'm not much into Destiny. When I play games I like it to be my own experience. In the same way people read a book or watch a movie. I like to get lost in the experience. Talking over the Mic and all that just pulls me right out of the experience. People always want to chat about other shit and I'm just not interested in what their saying when I'm trying to play a game.

Same sort of thing with a lifting partner. I don't want to talk, I'm there to train.

Call me a lone wolf but for me there is a time and place for everything and I'm not a multi-tasker. I like to do one thing at a time and do it properly.

Comment

• Been at it for days and hours. I've been taking my time alone with it. I have a team that I've been part of for a year now and most of them are at 290 light grinding it hard; I do have a life ;)

Tons of grinding though, but worth it. TKD sums it up well, get with friends especially for those(bouncer)who have no fucking clue wtf to do other than have diarrhea of the mouth. This game is challenging if you say otherwise, shows me what a fool you are.

The guns and just the armor alone, not to mention the new subclass. Wow....talk about being strategical at certain times and being able to adapt to a certain platform of enemies....good game year one and definitely year two....we got eight years to go:D

Comment

I'll give it all a new try. If it's good I'll admit it.

You want a list? Go to the tower and visit the hallway in the middle where the vanguard is. Go to the right and make sure you pick ALL unfinished quests....good luck :wave:and make sure you have hours to spend:retard:

Comment

I think probably one of the reasons I'm not much into Destiny. When I play games I like it to be my own experience. In the same way people read a book or watch a movie. I like to get lost in the experience. Talking over the Mic and all that just pulls me right out of the experience. People always want to chat about other shit and I'm just not interested in what their saying when I'm trying to play a game.

Same sort of thing with a lifting partner. I don't want to talk, I'm there to train.

Call me a lone wolf but for me there is a time and place for everything and I'm not a multi-tasker. I like to do one thing at a time and do it properly.

I think that really identifies the disconnect. We all know you are in the the minority with your views on destiny. But it really comes down to you not liking MMO's.

Kind of like if I gave racing games the same negative reviews and didn't play one side of the game (e.g. PVE and PVP). But also I don't have interest in racing to begin with.

Comment

• Another thing is that most think this game is just point and shoot, sure there's stuff like that to play. But that to me is fucking boring, kind of like drag racing:retard: dur hur...what makes it challenging is when you have to alternate helmets, weapons, shaders, etc....to fight certain bosses or enemies.

Comment

• The mistake I made last year was team up with a fireteam before I explored the game. I basically ripped the game apart and then I decided to really experience it on my own which made it better for me. This year I'm doing most of it on my own and then going with my team. I've yet to do any strikes, just concentrating on finishing all quests. I'm 232 light so no worries, game just came out a week ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by rado View Post
                              Another thing is that most think this game is just point and shoot, sure there's stuff like that to play. But that to me is fucking boring, kind of like drag racing:retard: dur hur...what makes it challenging is when you have to alternate helmets, weapons, shaders, etc....to fight certain bosses or enemies.
                              Yep. Which also applies greatly to PVP too.

Comment

• Originally posted by rado View Post
                                The mistake I made last year was team up with a fireteam before I explored the game. I basically ripped the game apart and then I decided to really experience it on my own which made it better for me. This year I'm doing most of it on my own and then going with my team. I've yet to do any strikes, just concentrating on finishing all quests. I'm 232 light so no worries, game just came out a week ago.
                                Doing the heroic strike Playlist is a good way to get stuff. You get a good chance at legendary engram and legendary marks to start.

Comment

Working...
                                X