Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boricuarage79 View Post

Yea u got it.. I edited a bunch of shit on the post before readin yours
    i don't really understand ray tracing but that youtube channel with all them nerds has me fucken excited about it! :D

Comment

• Originally posted by Bouncer View Post

i don't really understand ray tracing but that youtube channel with all them nerds has me fucken excited about it! :D
      Lol. Just fancy term for better more realistic graphics. I never pay attention to shit like that.

Comment

Lol. Just fancy term for better more realistic graphics. I never pay attention to shit like that.
        i just like knowing that new shit is coming that will make shit even more realistic and cool looking. i'm a cool mother fucker but I appreciate the same things as the nerds.

Comment

• Sony's Decision to Skip E3 2019 Is Starting to Look Really Smart

When will we learn not to criticise Sony too hastily? Our first reaction to the Japanese giant’s decision to skip E3 2019 was one of horror, but we later took a step back and pointed out that the platform holder couldn’t (and probably shouldn’t) be judged until we see how everything transpires. On the basis of this past weekend, the firm has once again proven that it knows best.

This is a transitional year for the Los Angeles show – we don’t even need to watch Ubisoft and Square Enix’s press conferences to tell you that. EA Play 2019 was such a non-event that we’re beginning to ponder why the publisher even bothers, and despite some neat, presumably next-gen announcements, Bethesda didn’t have much either.

But with Microsoft missing an open goal, it’s pretty obvious why the PlayStation maker decided to skip this year’s show. The fact is there’s just not enough content ready to be announced yet: Xbox had 60 titles on its stage, but without being disrespectful, we bet you’d struggle to name 15 of them off the top of your head. It was filler – even the heavy hitters like Halo Infinite aren’t ready for prime time.

The thing is, Sony could have had a show: Death Stranding, The Last of Us: Part II, Ghost of Tsushima, Final Fantasy VII: Remake, and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare would have been enough. But the manufacturer’s been in this game long enough to know that expectations are impossible to calibrate, and after last year’s gameplay-focused showcase, it knows how venomous the backlash can be.

So it announced its next-gen console in a Wired article, sucking almost all of the enthusiasm out of yesterday’s timid Project Scarlett reveal. Oh, and it dropped a breath-taking release date trailer for Death Stranding, which had more impact than anything we’ve seen at E3 2019 so far. This is a company that, despite constant criticism, clearly knows what it’s doing. Maybe it's time we all started to accept that.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019/...k_really_smart

Comment

• Microsoft E3 2019/Xbox Scarlett Initial Impressions - Digital Foundry

These nerds go into crazy detail about everything game related.

Comment

• 4K Halo Infinite E3 2019: A Taste Of Next-Gen Xbox Graphics?

Comment

• I am just getting back from E3 so this is the first I have had a chance to really detail any major impression from XCloud but I thought I would share with the sub what I took away from it.

I will break this down into two sections. First are the answers to the questions I asked them and the second will be my direct impressions from using it hands on for about 10-15 minutes.

My questions to the XCloud Developers:

The first thing I asked them was what the latency was. They were very honest and said that it is a little bit of a variable number due to so much bandwidth being used. But they insisted I try to play it and see if I noticed any input lag at all. (I will detail my impression on that more below, but long story short--I didn't notice ANY)
                The second thing I asked them was whether this was going to be a part of Xbox Live Gold or GamePass. They said at this time even they were not sure how that was going to work out and they didn't have much to say. I have seen a lot of people state that they are certain it will be a part of Gamepass or Xbox Live Gold or any variation of that. I spoke directly to the developers of XCloud and even they do not know right now so anyone speaking with certainty should be taken with a grain of salt.
                I asked them what phone the XCloud was running on. They told me is was a Galaxy S10+. I am not 100% sure but it did look like a few of the phones on the opposite side of the table were not the same phones so perhaps iPhones, but I really do not know.
                I also asked them if there was a minimum phone that would be required to play and they couldn't give me an answer to that at this time as they are still determining those things at this time.
                I asked them about battery life and they more or less said it would depend on your phone. I used the example of playing something like PUBG or Fortnite as a benchmark and they really reiterated that it would depend on your phone, but that it is not as intensive as running a game like PUBG or Fortnite. So take from that what you will.
                The last thing I asked them was if the planned to make this available to other platforms to stream Xbox game on like Switch and as expected they didn't say much beyond phones at this time.

My impressions of Xcloud:

In a single word. WOW.

Input Lag - I noticed basically none. I am sure there is/was some at different times for different people, but I played for around 10-15 minutes and I never had anything noticeable happen.
                I spent the first half playing the tethered versions of Halo and Hellblade. The one thing I was curious about was if this was going to heat up my phone to a crazy level. So I paid attention to that the whole time and it never got any warmer than if I were sitting with my S9+ viewing Reddit or Twitter.
                The second half I tried the controller setup that was totally wireless and not tethered. The heat was the same with that as well having absolutely no noticeable input lag.
                Graphic quality was excellent for being on a mobile device! There was one small moment in Hellblade where things were pixelated for a second, but the input never changed. It was fluid and smooth the entire time across all three devices that I played on.

Final impression. In MY OPINION, I am fully on board with Xcloud. I get that mileage may vary based on internet connection in each persons home, but knowing I have 120MB internet in my home and 4G LTE data on my phone I am confident that XCloud is going to work well for me. I believe it is everything that Microsoft says it is and I look forward to seeing it roll out to everyone this fall!

Comment

• https://youtu.be/JlOHwDcU7KU

Project xcloud

Comment

4K Halo Infinite E3 2019: A Taste Of Next-Gen Xbox Graphics?

That slip space engine is beautiful.. need some fuckin gameplay which we won't see till next year

Comment

I am just getting back from E3 so this is the first I have had a chance to really detail any major impression from XCloud but I thought I would share with the sub what I took away from it.

I will break this down into two sections. First are the answers to the questions I asked them and the second will be my direct impressions from using it hands on for about 10-15 minutes.

My questions to the XCloud Developers:

The first thing I asked them was what the latency was. They were very honest and said that it is a little bit of a variable number due to so much bandwidth being used. But they insisted I try to play it and see if I noticed any input lag at all. (I will detail my impression on that more below, but long story short--I didn't notice ANY)
                      The second thing I asked them was whether this was going to be a part of Xbox Live Gold or GamePass. They said at this time even they were not sure how that was going to work out and they didn't have much to say. I have seen a lot of people state that they are certain it will be a part of Gamepass or Xbox Live Gold or any variation of that. I spoke directly to the developers of XCloud and even they do not know right now so anyone speaking with certainty should be taken with a grain of salt.
                      I asked them what phone the XCloud was running on. They told me is was a Galaxy S10+. I am not 100% sure but it did look like a few of the phones on the opposite side of the table were not the same phones so perhaps iPhones, but I really do not know.
                      I also asked them if there was a minimum phone that would be required to play and they couldn't give me an answer to that at this time as they are still determining those things at this time.
                      I asked them about battery life and they more or less said it would depend on your phone. I used the example of playing something like PUBG or Fortnite as a benchmark and they really reiterated that it would depend on your phone, but that it is not as intensive as running a game like PUBG or Fortnite. So take from that what you will.
                      The last thing I asked them was if the planned to make this available to other platforms to stream Xbox game on like Switch and as expected they didn't say much beyond phones at this time.

My impressions of Xcloud:

In a single word. WOW.

Input Lag - I noticed basically none. I am sure there is/was some at different times for different people, but I played for around 10-15 minutes and I never had anything noticeable happen.
                      I spent the first half playing the tethered versions of Halo and Hellblade. The one thing I was curious about was if this was going to heat up my phone to a crazy level. So I paid attention to that the whole time and it never got any warmer than if I were sitting with my S9+ viewing Reddit or Twitter.
                      The second half I tried the controller setup that was totally wireless and not tethered. The heat was the same with that as well having absolutely no noticeable input lag.
                      Graphic quality was excellent for being on a mobile device! There was one small moment in Hellblade where things were pixelated for a second, but the input never changed. It was fluid and smooth the entire time across all three devices that I played on.

Final impression. In MY OPINION, I am fully on board with Xcloud. I get that mileage may vary based on internet connection in each persons home, but knowing I have 120MB internet in my home and 4G LTE data on my phone I am confident that XCloud is going to work well for me. I believe it is everything that Microsoft says it is and I look forward to seeing it roll out to everyone this fall!

my question on his experience with xcloud is how far from the hub was he playing? meaning was it a normal internet connection or was it specifically setup just for the demo with a direct line to the main hub that is way above average compared to the normal internet connection in your home that can be miles and miles from the hub. i want to see real world experiance in peoples homes using their highspeed connections during peek hours over a mattter of weeks. i still have serious doubts.

Comment

my question on his experience with xcloud is how far from the hub was he playing? meaning was it a normal internet connection or was it specifically setup just for the demo with a direct line to the main hub that is way above average compared to the normal internet connection in your home that can be miles and miles from the hub. i want to see real world experiance in peoples homes using their highspeed connections during peek hours over a mattter of weeks. i still have serious doubts.
                        I will report back in october

Comment

• CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE IS THE REBOOT THE FRANCHISE NEEDS

Back in 2007, developer Infinity Ward released Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. The military first-person shooter was the first entry to break away from the World War 2 setting. Infinity Ward changed the direction of the franchise to focus on providing an experience that was an accurate representation of modern day war. Not only did the game have a stellar single player campaign, but it also had a captivating online multiplayer experience. The game included a wide variety of deathmatch based games that paired perfectly with online voice chat. This execution of online multiplayer would become the standard for all future Call of Duty titles.

https://www.keengamer.com/articles/f...anchise-needs/

Comment

• Xbox Project Scarlett Reveal Spec Analysis: Zen 2, Navi, SSD

Digital Foundry

Published on Jun 23, 2019

Microsoft took the wraps off its next-gen Xbox at E3 2019 - but just how much did we actually learn? Rich goes in-depth on what was revealed, and what he learned from the Zen 2/Navi deep dive that took place at the same time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93JlGKr2j1c

Comment

• Currently contemplating if I should buy the PlayStation VR or not. I've held off buying because I'm not sure how often I'll be using it. I intend to use it on both PS4 and PC, although this article says that Vive and Oculus would be better options for the latter. Not sure if I should also see first if PS5 is on the way... haha gamer dilemmas, am I right?

Comment

• 5 Minutes of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Raw Gameplay in 4K

This may be the first COD game I buy in 10 years. Looks fucken great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH5_QRLL0Vo

Comment

Working...
                                X